Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Walking down memory lane



Lately I have been taking a lot of walks, walks down memory lane that is ;)   I am so happy I became not only a homeschooler, but an open-minded homeschooler! As a child I can still remember getting up super early, rushing to get ready for school, missing the bus most mornings and having to walk :(   I went to a very, very, very, did I say VERY? small school. Litterly, the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade was in one 30 student classroom. Needless to say, I had the same teachers 3 years in a row. It was also always so boring! Doing the same thing all the time: roll call, English, Math, P.E., Science, lunch, etc. What made things even worse was that I had one of those teachers, you know the one's that hate children. Thinking about those memories has really made me so glad that I can homeschool my children. I.... I mean, "they" get to wake up naturally after they have had plenty of sleep. They get a teacher that loves children, and instead of them being made to feel stupid for having any sort of learning disabilities, they get to be made to feel smart for the things they are good at!
My children's school experience is so much better than mine was, thank goodness! They are not limited to 4 walls and they get to see the world, instead of just reading about it. No two days in our home is ever the same. We are I guess you would say Free-schoolers, living each day freely as it come :)
I used to think why me? Why did I have to have such an awful school experience as a kid. Now I know. It was so that I could, as a parent, be more open-minded and break away from the "norm" and make my children's school experience not just good, but extraordinary!
~Anyways, I just felt like getting on her and sharing, g'night :)

No comments: