So, it is less than 24 hrs till T-Day and I am so excited! I just love the smell of my home, the day before, mostly because it is filled with the aroma of yummy foods.
All morning, I have been busy, preparing for tomorrow's feast. There is something so special knowing that most of the World, is also sitting down the same day, with family and friends enjoying a wonderful meal, as they reflect on all they are thankful for.
Tomorrow, we are planning on traveling down to my Brothers' new home, to meet up with Cousins, Siblings, Parents, Grand-parents, Uncles, in-laws, etc. That is why Thanksgiving is one of my Favorite times of the year. I have always looked forward to it because I get to catch up with all of the people, I care about :)
Of course, I have also had a busy week, with Thanksgiving themed Homeschool lessons. Even though, it has been a pretty light week, we did watch a Great Documentary on "Thanksgiving". It was on the History channel. I the had my oldest write an essay on the story. Then we did some themed puzzle games, coloring pages, and fun craft for Thanksgiving Day!
(Below is instructions on you can do the craft at home too!)
Turkey Napkin Holders
* times these materials, by however many you need to make.
1. Toilet paper roll/paper towel roll cut to size
2. Paper plate, cut into halves
3.Orange construction paper, cut into triangles
4. Google eyes ( optional)
5.Markers or paints
8. Paper clip or stapler (optional)
9. Paint brushes
1.Color or paint the roll brown
2. After you cut the paper plate in half, then color or paint in colors: brown, yellow and red
3. Once dry, paste google eyes, on roll or paint/color eyes on.
4. Paste orange triangle to roll
5. Paste roll to center of half plate. You can also use a paper clip or even staple it if you prefer to attach
Then all you need, is to insert a napkin, in to the roll and display them on your Thanksgiving Table!
Until Next time...
I hope you all have a Happy