Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day at the Beach

This past Thursday a fellow homeschooling mom with her two daughters invited my daughter and I & my niece to take a Beach day with them. I was Super excited to get away from the day to day and relax while I soaked up some color sigh.. This is one of the perks I Love about homeschooling :)


On the way I to the Beach we stopped off at a Mcdonalds to take a potty break (it took about 2 hrs to get to the Beach ) I took all 4 lil ladies to the bathroom where we ran into a older woman who went on to question what we were doing that day?? The question she really wanted to ask was why are they not in school!!! Even thou this is going on my 5th year homeschooling it still surprises me when people look at me like I am a unfit mother because my children are not in school. As if the thought of homeschooling never entered thier thought process... Maybe if people learned more about how homeschooling is becoming very much more of the norm, awkwardness like this would not have happened. I know there has to be articles online or books about homeschoolers out there, of course most people unless interested in this life style probably don't take the time to read them...



Anyways our day was so great!!! We finally made it to the Beach about noon and had a nice little picnic then me and my friend lay ed on the sand and watched the girls play in the sand and splash in the waves.... I did get some color, some being the shade of red ((blush)) but it was all worth it! Can't wait to go again B-)




No comments: