Thursday, November 4, 2010

The importance of Vocabulary

Is it just me or have you noticed that the way our children speak or quite honestly the way our peers speak , sounds in most instants very uneducated ? It was not very long ago when the  importance of vocabulary was well IMPORTANT!

In today society it does not seem to be that anymore. Slang is just to well excepted. I will admit that from time to time I will have a slip up myself but, I blame society for that negative influence. I do try very hard to over come that , so to show my children how to speak from example.

Of course kids always think us moms or dads are just ol'fashioned and do not know what is "IN" ect . So sometimes it takes more then just being a role model to instill certain values into our children. Thankfully I have been able to take advantage of the love of video games my children have and use these Online vocabulary games to help them learn how to speak with out them really realising it .

If anyone is trying to help teach your children better Vocabulary , my advice is it starts at home and go from there ;)

No comments: