Thursday, October 14, 2010

Home- schooling Curriculum

O today I was at a P.E "Play group" and while our kids were busy playing soccer ,We mommas were sitting on the side lines chatting away.Of course at some point in the conversation the topic of home-schooling curriculum always gets brought up.Let me tell you hearing how stressed out and over worked both the kids and parents were just made me feel so thankful that my curriculum is so easy for me and my kids to use ,Its fun for the kids and less stressful for me ,Because I don't have to worry about putting it all together myself .


Sometimes when I talk to the other home-school parents I get the sense that they feel like their child has to learn this now and you have to spend X amount of time on this.I just don't go by that philosophy,I am so for looking for your child's interest,Looking for cues to know if they need more time or are ready to go forward,taking the time to really learn and enjoy it.

Lately I have been toiling around with the idea of adding some homeschool writing classes to my schooling.Since My gal is becoming such a good reader,I really want to help strengthen that area for her & I am thinking she is about at the age to do this ;)

No comments: