I know for many homeschooler's, it's that time of year, when you may be wrapping up your schooling. However, for other's like myself, you are still going strong & planning on homeschooling all the way through Summer.
Now, I know the idea of Summer- School may seem Crazy, but for our family & many other's, it works!
Still unsure? Below is a list, of a few Pro's & Con's, on Homeschooling through the Summer.
1.You can choose when you may want to take time off through out the year & for how long.
2. You also can choose to school less days a week &/or hours a day through out the year.
3. You have the option to accomplish more than one grade level a year, which would allow for earlier graduation.
5. You can take more time on trouble areas or topics of interests.
6. Children are less likely to incur Summer Break learning loss.
1. Kids &/or Adults may not be happy with not having a Summer Break.
2. If you use a standard, boxed curriculum, you may need to tweak it to stretch over the year. Or you may incur additional yearly cost by needing to buy the next grade up. ( which isn't really a bad thing IMO )
3. If you live in an area that doesn't have pleasant weather through out the year, you may miss out on some outdoor activity's.
So, what have we been doing this week? We are doing lots of definition match & a Fun Horse Unit Study.
Until Next Time...