Friday, May 17, 2013

Homeschooling Early On.



Recently, I was speaking to a fellow Mom about Homeschooling. She had 2 children, her daughter was just an itty bitty baby (So Adorable!) & she had a son who just turned 4 years.
I had met her at a local Park and got to talking about kids, family, school, etc. She was thinking about the idea of homeschooling, but wasn't even sure at what age to start.

~> I have always felt early child education was Super important. Now, I am not saying 3 & 4 year olds should be at a table for hours a day practicing how to draw straight lines, or memorizing colors. In fact, one of the reasons I chose to Homeschool was because I wanted my children's early years to be more about Fun & play learning. Still, just because you are playing & having Fun doesn't mean you can not learn too, am I right? I still remember, how my kids at that age, used to love the field trips we went on, computer time, reading to them, coloring printables, cutting/pasting/decorating crafts, doing puzzles, Co-op, etc. Lol! To be honest, they still like doing all of that ;)




Anyways, as I was sharing my experience's with her, she was surprised that she had already been homeschooling. She informed me that she had been doing much of the same with her kids already ;)



Until Next time...

No comments: