Saturday, August 18, 2012

Teaching Resources I love



As a homeschooling parent, teacher resources are so very important. Regardless what you want to teach or how you want your child to learn, you still need the tools to accomplish your goals.
I would like to share with you my favorite teaching tools ~>





First off it would have to be my computer! Without it I would not be able to type this blog, but my children would also not be able to use their online program called Time4Learning, which BTW is my second favorite on my list. I also love those free online programs like SpellingCity.com & Learninggamesforkids.com not to mention the  hundreds of other educational resources available on the Internet. In addition I love those schoolzone.com books you can buy get from walmart. They are just big enough to add a little extra sheet work and they are so cheap compared to other work books that it is okay that they are just "extra". Last but not least is Clipboards!!!!! I recently bought them for my kids at Walmart, you know the ones that come with a storage compartment underneath for papers, pencils, etc. Well, I found that these are wonderful, especially if you live in a small space like we do. My kids use those in place of a table and instead of me having to give them their assignments daily, I have separate folder inside labeled with each day of the week. Inside those folders, I have school lessons filled out, so everyday they grab the correct folder and do their lessons and put the finished sheet work back inside to be graded. We have been doing this for about a month now and so far it has been working wonderfully ;)

Until next time....

No comments: