Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fireworks isn't the only thing to happen this week...





So, I hope everyone had a Fun & Safe 4th of July last night! We sure did! It was so nice, the town we went to. The show wasn't as long as some I have seen, but the quality of the fireworks was really nice. The important thing of course was that my kids really enjoyed it :)

On other news we have a dog! Yes, I said it, a D-O-G!!!!  I am still in shock myself, lol! I have not had one in over 5 years and with good reason. I do love pets, but I just haven't been in a place where I was ready to have one since our last dog passed away. So, how did this happen? Well, my husband was driving down the road when this car stopped in front of him and just tossed this dog out in the street! My husband pulled up and got the poor dog before it got ran over :(   His plans were to just take it to a shelter, but when he brought it home my kids fell in love with this dog ( we think its about 4-6 months old, so more like a puppy) Since we live in a RV at the moment the thought of WTH am I thinking has ran through my mind at least 100 times, but I know other people manage this. The momma in me of course wants to make my children happy, but also another part of me misses having a pet around too. She has been with us a week so far and I am very hopeful that things will work for us ;)


On the homeschooling front! Where most parent are getting ready for the upcoming back to school year, my kids and I are still going at it full steam. Just today I had my oldest taking some spelling test online. With there end of year evaluations coming up next month, I want to make sure they are where they are supposed to be.

Until next week....

No comments: