Thursday, January 19, 2012

Homeschooling? Norm of the future?

I remember back when I was deciding to homeschool, It seemed as if I was the only one in the world who was considering the idea. Of course we all know that isn't true, but none the less it was a feeling I had felt. Now fast forward ten years later and it feels as if everyone is homeschooling, or at least thought about it at one time or another. With so many homeschool resources out there, pre package curriculum, the Internet which is like a "tutor in a box" on top of all the educational games, it really makes it so nice and easy for all of us.
Anyways, I was reading a blog the other day and it had made a statement on if we were planning on forcing the issue on our kids when they grow up and have kids for them to homeschool as well. I kinda stood back for a moment and thought about that question. I mean Yes! I want my grandchildren homeschooled, but I also want my child to make that choice on their own. If  this trend keeps growing, I really do think they will. Heck! who knows in the future public school may one day be the controversial topic in education.

No comments: