Friday, September 9, 2011

The BIG State of Texas

Since we have decided to introduce unit studies this year with our already awesome homeschool curriculum, we have decided that we would learn about each state. This month we are planning on learning about Texas. My kids love learning while they play games, so the Texas State symbols game are my favorite to have them use. It helps them with learning about the state's symbols, and rremembering the state's flower, state bird, state tree, state motto and even nickname in a fun way. At first I wasn't sure if I would like such unstructured learning, but I am really liking the flexibility unit studies are allowing me, plus there are so many Free online resources out there to help make it easier for me, for instance I got the US state games from a free site called Learning games for kids :)
hmmmmm.....Next month I am think we will move on to maybe Alaska brrr... lol!

No comments: