Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sound-Alike words

~> Sound-alike words, also known as homophones, cause confusion. I know that as a kid I would  have those "Huh" moments when I would  hear people talk about things that sounded the same but meant something entirely different. Of course as I learned and grew older those Huh moments went away.
The English language has been said that it is the hardest one to learn, I guess I should be grateful it is my first and not my 2nd then ...lol ;-)
To help my kids figure/learn  these alike words,I like to play a game where we try and see who can come up with most words that sound alike in the shortest amount of time. I also use online games & reading short stories showing how certain words that sound alike can have different meanings.
Hope my tips help :')

No comments: