Monday, September 6, 2010

We haved added something new !

ART......
This very word to me means seeing beauty and interest in any & everything..

I have decided to start adding Art History to our school lessons,So that my children can learn to see & enjoy Art in their lives.
I think that for most when they think of Art they think of paintings.So to begin with I will focus on famous painters,I have chosen the 3 artist below to begin with ,As I felt that they all offered something a bit different in who they were & the type of style of artist they were..


Frida Kahlo  ,A self taught Mexican painter who was best known for her self-portraits.

Pablo Picasso  , demonstrated uncanny artistic talent in his early years, painting in a realistic manner through his childhood and adolescence; during the first decade of the twentieth century his style changed as he experimented with different theories, techniques, and ideas. His revolutionary artistic accomplishments brought him universal renown and immense fortune throughout his life, making him one of the best-known figures in twentieth century art.




Georgia O'Keeffe was an American artist born on November 15, 1887 in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin. O'Keeffe is chiefly known for her landscapes and paintings of desert flowers, which are often interpreted as yonic symbols.

Leonardo da Vinci who life work was far more then just the Famous
Mona Lisa


Da vinci as seen in this red chalk self-portrait


My daughter's favorite is the Mona Lisa & she  was  amused at the Picasso's nude lady with necklace.
She is already looking forward to the next series of artist and loves doing the new Online art program & Art games ,That I am using to reinforce my teachings.

Please visit again and be on the look out for the next set of artist we will be learning about .

No comments: