Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Moon and the stars...

 This week in our homeschool lessons, we had fun exploring the universe. Science has always been one of my favorite subjects and to me there is nothing more interesting then Space. So, far we have only touched on the Sun, Moon, and Stars, but next week we will be exploring the different planets in our solar system. BTW, did you know that the Sun can reach up to 27 million degrees F (15 million degrees C)? Now that's Hot!


 In other homeschool news, we have discovered that my son is very much a Math visual learner. I bought some of those fake money's. You know, paper bills and plastic coins.
To me, money isn't just about learning the value, it's about learning how to use it, in real life situations. So, I thought why not set up a pretend store and let him shop.

It was actually pretty fun. It reminded me of when I was little and I would play house with my friends. We would set up areas that were stores with pretend food and baby clothes, etc.


Until next time...

No comments: