Sunday, October 7, 2012

Did you hear? Cold's are here!

 Don't you just love the end of summer? Love the fact that it is time for Fall? The Holiday's, Cool weather, changing of the leaves, and of course illness! Yep! I said it ILLNESS!
With all the wonderful things that Fall brings, Colds are unfortunately on that list.





The past 10 days have been a miserable one, for my daughter, she has been ill with a nasty cold. Coughing, Coughing, and Coughing! She of course has went through all the phases: stuffed nose, sneezing, running nose, etc... ~> I will be so very Happy when all is finally Well!






 On the homeschooling front, I attended the Co-op again last week. My daughter was ill so she stayed home, but my son was well, so I took him. In his class they were learning the 5 senses. The Ear was that days sense. Honestly, the fact I am in Anatomy & Physiology class made this very interesting for m,e as I will soon be learning about the ear in class myself. It was nice to have a brief preview of what I will be learning. The kids really enjoyed learning about the ear as well. We had noise makers and had children look in a real ear. After Co-op, I took my son to the local Library where he got his very 1st Library Card! He was so excited and loved checking out his books on his own card.
Since my daughter has been ill, school lessons have paused this past couple of weeks. However, I have been working on what we will be focusing on later. I think Spelling will be an area I will be hitting on the next couple of months. I will be putting together spelling lists by grade, for each child.


Until next time...
 

No comments: