Monday, December 5, 2011

Homeschool ADHD

So I am not sure if I have ever mentioned that my mother has an adopted daughter who just turned 13 years old. I love my little sister... But, i'll admit it would have been nicer if we were closer in age lol ;)
So anyways, My Mom has be getting very frustrated lately. She says that it is harder to ahem! as she would put it, " homeschool ADHD "  I think any parent has times where they think they have it harder than anyone else... My mom still comes from a time where she thinks children should be learning 8 hours a day, like in a class room, sitting still, pay attention like perfect pupils. She has not yet been  de-schooled, or has taken her reality check in yet either... I of course comforted here, let her vent, told her that kids are going to be kids, and reassured her that it is better that she is homeschooling, especially since her daughter,( my sister) has ADHD. I really hope I helped her feel better, I think she is doing an amazing job homeschooling. So that is about what's been going on with me lately. 
     Hope every one is enjoying the Holidays and staying warm!

No comments: