Saturday, November 26, 2011

What A Crazy Turkey Day!

So I hope everyone had a Wonderfully "Yummy!" Thanksgiving :)~  
This year's was especially wonderful since my mom moved closer to me recently<3 It was so nice to be able to go to her house this year. My brother and his family came and we all got to spend some much needed time together. The kids also had a Great time too. They loved being able to see their cousins and of course pig out on goodies lol! My mom had decided to have some crafts and nature games for this kids to do this year. They made candy cane ornaments out of beads and wire and then she had them go outside and collect leaves and pine cones to decorate for yes! more Christmas tree ornaments 

On the Down side, I did manage to venture out for Black Friday sales... I was so excited this year and had done my research (like any good homeschooling momma lol ) and knew what I wanted, which stores had it, and which stores started their sale at what times. So first I knew I would go check out Walmart, but when I went there to do a quick sweep of the merchandise I learned that the 600ct sheets I wanted were spoken for. Apparently they only had 3 yes! 3 in the king size and there were already 3 ladies in line for them (this was 2 hours to sale time). So then I said okay let check out Toys-R-us since their sale started at 9pm an hour before Walmart. Well lets just say, imagine a Walmart parking lot long ways and that's how long this line was. We were told that there was also a 400 person max. allowed at once in the store... So my husband and I out of curiosity waited to see how much of the line would make it in, Not even half!  Now the craziest, we went to Best Buy and ~>people had tents! Apparently these lines had started days before.... I have went to Blitz sales every year and Never have I seen anything like this... We decided to go home, but I talked my husband in to checking our local smaller Walmart ( we had to drive an hour to get to a city that had the bigger stores)  on the way home to see if I could get some of those sheets.. Well I walked in and almost immediately I was stuck in an isle with people as far as the eyes could see, needless to say after 30 mins I had had enough! I had to fight my way cutting through taped off area to escape the anxiety inducing mob...
So I have decided that I will NEVER again do Black Friday! Next year, may be back to the normal amount of crazy, but I think I rather just pay full price from now on then risk that scene ever again!   Till next week, Happy Holidays!

No comments: