Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween time


      Can you believe that it is almost Halloween! SCARY isn't it! It feels as if summer had just started and now its fall again. Before we know it this school year will be over and we will all be worrying about standardized tests for homeschoolers or homeschool evaluations once again. It can be so easy to think too far ahead into the future and really stress over what is to come. I know I am guilty of that from time to time ((blush)). I think I have just come to a point in my life where the concept of time has actually set in and it has given me this  feeling as if every year goes by more quickly then before. (( Time is soooo precious! ))
So this past month I have really been enjoying  Halloween in our daily lessons. The kids have been doing a pumpkin unit study which has been really fun for them. They learned all about the pumkin and did some copy work, fun crossword puzzle,  and coloring pages too! We are also planning on having some fun family time by going  costume hunting this weekend and  buying a pumpkin to carve. Then its off to a friends house for a bonfire and hay rides for the kiddos.

                                     I hope every one has a SAFE & Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Awww you made me all nostalgic with the hayrides...I haven't done that since I was a kind and I don't think my boys have ever done that. Gotta find a hayride somewhere this fall!! :)