Sunday, August 23, 2015

Back to "Home"- Schooling!



It’s that time of year again, the time when kids are back to school, sitting at their desks, and you’re enjoying that warm cup of coffee in silence. At least that is what is happening, for those of us who are not homeschooling. If you are a homeschooler, than you are either starting your new school year or you are preparing to start your new school year. For us, it is a little bit of both. How you may wonder? As year-round homeschoolers, we never really stop learning, but once a year I do sit down and review what we have learned and plan for the next year. Change whatever isn’t working, stock up on schooling supplies, etc. This year most things will stay the same. We will continue on with Time4Learning as our core curriculum, my youngest will continue with Science4Us, and both will use some other learning websites (VSC, LGFK, T4W, etc.) 
My goal this year, however, is to dream bigger, to do more! Take more field trips, do more unit studies, and hands on science experiments. I also want to do more fun arts and crafts projects, as my oldest is getting older, and I am not sure how much longer I can get her to really be into them, lol.  My new addition this year will be calculators!!! Up until now I have not allowed my children to use them, but this year I will be teaching and allowing my oldest to use one, as she is progressing nicely in her Math.





Until Next Time…

No comments: