Thursday, August 21, 2014

It's Back To Home-School Time!



August is officially in full swing, which means most of us are busy, busy, busy starting our brand new homeschool year. However, there are some of us who are still busy, busy, busy figuring out what curriculum to use. Luckily, I found our core curriculum years ago (my oldest was in first grade when she started with T4L and my youngest has used their Pre-K & kindergarten online curriculum as well so far). The program is called Time4LearningSo, for those of you who are still scratching your heads, weeding through all of the endless options trying to figure out what to try this year, here is what we will be using in our homeschool this year. I hope it may help give you some ideas ;)

~For my youngest (age 7 years): We will be using Time4Learning.com as his core curriculum. In addition to T4L, we will be using Science4us for Science and the Story of the World Series for history. Plus, tons of worksheets, crafts, learning games online and off, flash cards, and of course plenty of books for reading. We will also be going on several field trips and doing a few Unit Studies throughout the year (I sometimes put them together myself, but I also buy them too. UnitStudy.com is a great site and I love Currclick too).

~For my oldest (age 12 years): We will be using Time4Learning.com as her core curriculum. In addition to T4L, we will be using Time4Art for art, Time4Writing for writing, SpellingCity for spelling, and the Story of the World Series for history. Plus, tons of worksheets, crafts, learning games online and off, and of course plenty of books for reading. We will also be going on several field trips and doing a few Unit Studies throughout the year.

I also like to keep my kids in at least one type of extracurricular activity. Last year my oldest opted to join a bowling league. This year she will be joining a league again, as well as her little brother.



Until Next Time…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is our 1st year homeschooling. Thxs for sharing all those links, I had never even heard about unit studys before. All your info is defiantly a big help :')