Wednesday, July 30, 2014

So, Whats Been Going On?!

As you can tell, I have not been writing every week as I usually do. I am very sorry to my regular readers, but I have been taking more time this past month to spend time traveling with my family.
I love to travel! I know that I have mentioned in past posts that I also roadschool, from time to time.
For those who are unfamiliar with the term "roadschool" let me explain. Roadschooling is simply homeschooling while on the road. It could be for the day, the weekend, the week or even full- time. No matter how long or how short your road trips may be, if you are learning while traveling, you are roadschooling ;)
So, since I will be spending more time with my family and traveling more from time to time, my blog entry's will be fewer, but I promise to continue to post at least once a month :)
So, what else has been going on? Well, we had our children's year-end homeschool evaluations.
(In our state we have the option to have a certified teacher evaluate or child's progress verses state testing) Our daughter, is doing very well. Officially, she is in sixth grade, but in reading, writing,  and science she has excelled beyond and is in seventh. Wow! hard to believe I will be using sixth and seventh grade homeschool curriculum this year?!
Another special thing that took place during this evaluation, was that it was my son's first. He was so excited to show the teacher samples of his work. He is now officially in the first grade!!!
                                            I am so very proud of my children :)

                                                          Until Next Time...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Big congrats to kiddos, and to Mama, for successful evaluations! :D

Katie